One Chapter Closes...The Next One Begins!
Dom Tyson feared his place on North Melbourne’s list was in jeopardy.
The 28-year-old midfielder was one of four players delisted by the Kangaroos on Thursday after battling calf and knee injuries throughout the 2021 season.
Despite not being offered a contract for next year, Tyson praised the way North Melbourne – particularly coach David Noble and football boss Brady Rawlings – handled in his exit.
“It’s always difficult when you roll into the GM’s office and there’s no contract on the table for you,” Tyson told SEN Breakfast.
“The injuries started piling up for me and I could see the writing on the wall and the club were absolute pros about it yesterday (Thursday) with ‘Nobes’ (David Noble) and Brady (Rawlings), having a really respectful conversation.
“The club is in great hands to be honest.
“Even when I was up and going earlier this year, I was in and out of the side and about a month ago a had a little meniscus tear pop up in my knee.
“In a way it’s exciting because I can push on to other things now.”
The ex-Giant, Demon and Roo was asked whether he will look to extend his 113-game AFL career at another club.
“I’ll let the dust settle and make sure this knee rehabs up OK,” Tyson said.
“If my manager was to do a little ring around, I wouldn’t stop him.
“But at the same thing I’ve been a bit banged up lately and you can’t keep banging your head against the wall and trying something that may have passed you by.
“I’m comfortable and content with where my career has landed.
“There are things outside of footy that are really picking up for me. I’m really keen to pursue those things as well.”
Tyson, a top five draft pick in the 2011 National Draft, arrived at North Melbourne from Melbourne at the end of 2018, playing six games in three seasons at Arden Street.
The link to the radio interview can be found here_